The national awards program is designed for companies interested in showcasing their work nationally and competing for top honours at a national level. The 2017 awards program is now closed. The 2018 awards portal will open October 31, 2017 and will be open until the deadline for entries which is February 4, 2018. There is a late entry deadline of February 11, 2018.
Who Can Enter?
Any Canadian company or individual who qualifies for the specified category criteria with their event or event component may enter. Also, Canadians who produce events outside of Canada may enter, as long as their company resides in Canada.
All events need to have taken place between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. All entries must follow the guidelines laid out in the Call for Entries document. There are two awards which cannot be entered; but are chosen by advisory council. They are Spirit of the Industry and Emerging Leader. For these two awards, suggestions for nominations can be submitted to Canadian Special Events Magazine by email.
- Follow the guidelines in the Call for Entries
- Prepare all your event materials
- Go to the portal online and create an account
- Review the procedures
- Submit your entry
- Judging will take place February 13-20, 2017
- Nominees will be announced online and via email
- Nominees will be contacted for further comment and interviews
- Nominees will be invited to purchase reserved tickets to the Gala
- Winners will be announced live at the Gala on March 30 in Toronto at Paramount Event Space
- A post event “look book” will be released nationwide in April featuring the winners and all winning entries will be featured in an upcoming issue of Canadian Special Events Magazine.